Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Two Sided Coin

As my time here is coming to an end, it seems as though my emotions are on a two sided coin. On one side of the coin, yes I will miss this community greatly. I am ever so grateful of how they so willingly accepted me not only into their community but into their personal and daily lives. In addition, not only for a first time but for a second time. It is noteworthy how loving, friendly, and caring everyone in this village is. Everyone here is so closely knit. It has been nothing but a huge blessing to have been able to experience this time in Pacayitas. I have created many memorable moments here that I don't want to forget. Overall, it has humbled me far beyond belief. I was able to spend some time away from my own comforts in life, without a pressing schedule, without many demands or worries, and invest some time into those around me.

On the flip side of the coin, I am eager and might I even add "ready" to go home. Being away from my home and family for a while has lead me to a huge appreciation for them and at many times missing them. I am thankful for all that I have been blessed with in life and cannot say enough how much I love my family and friends back home. I thank God for everything He has given me and everyone He has placed in my life. I could not have taken this journey without them! Thanks! : D

No comments:

Post a Comment